In one of its best performances of the season, Medway pinned a 52-45 loss Tri-Valley League foe Dover-Sherborn Tuesday behind junior point guard Matt Ozzella’s 22 points and 20 rebounds.
“In the league, every game’s a rock fight,” said Mustangs coach Jay Rojee. “But this game was definitely one of our better top-to-bottom performances from everyone."
With the victory, the Mustangs stand atop the Tri-Valley League at 4-1. Dover-Sherborn drops to 3-2.
The Mustangs led, 29-27, at the end of the half then pulled to 37-37 at the end of the third quarter. Mike Barry's defense on D-S leading scorer, Ned Linehan, was a key according to the coach.
The Mustangs sealed the game on sophomore Andrew Henry's 3-pointer.
The 6-foot-3-inch collected seven offensive rebounds in the fourth.
“Matt is tall and quick and gets to the basket. He’s one of the quickest point guards I’ve ever seen,” said Rojee.
Ozzella averages 16 points and 12 rebounds per game.
“He has the whole package,” he said.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.