This week the top three (Malden Catholic, Woburn and BC High) in the Globe boys hockey Top 20 remain unchanged while St. Maryís and Hingham slide up one spot each to round out the top five.
St. Johnís Prep and Catholic Memorial stumble and barely remain in the top 10 after both schools suffered a rare, two-defeat week.
That middle-of-the-pack group, which includes Springfield Cathedral, Central Catholic, Needham and St. Johnís Shrewsbury, will continue to jockey for Top 10 positioning and itíll be interesting to see who will survive the balance of their schedules.
Falmouth and Westford Academy are the newest additions to the Top 20, coming in at No. 18 and No. 19 respectively.
The Clippers have jumped out to an 8-1-2 start to the season, with a 5-0-1 record in the Atlantic Coast League that has them on par with No. 6 Marshfield.
Westford Academy finally cracks our Top 20 after taking down No. 20 Andover in their only game last week.
Arlington Catholic and Billerica are the unfortunate teams bounced off the poll, but expect both to pull it together and put forth a more consistent effort the rest of the way. Weíll hold a spot for them.
Our bubble teams this week include Braintree (5-2-2), Norwood (7-2-2), Chelmsford (5-3), Boston Latin (6-0-2) and Milton (7-2).
See the full Globe boys hockey Top 20 here.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.
- Waiting for Twitter...