Hebron, ME -- After breaking the Berwick Academy all-time scoring record just weeks ago, Harry Rafferty has hit another milestone, dropping a career-high 47 points against Hebron Academy (ME). His previous career-high was 36, a mark he has hit three times in his four-year career.
The 5-foot-7 co-captain hit six 3-pointers and was 15-for-16 from the charity stripe, while accounting for more than half of the Bulldogs offensive output in the 82-68 win.
Coach Rory Early described it as “just another day at the office” for the three-year Berwick MVP and reigning Eastern Independent League MVP.
“He’s an incredible scorer, he’s been asked to carry the load for the last three years,” Early said of his prized guard. “Great kid and tremendous talent.”
Early contends that if Rafferty were taller he would be a Division 1 scholarship athlete.
Rafferty became the Bulldogs all-time leading scorer in the second half of 60-32 win over Landmark on Jan., 11.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.