The MIAA has postponed all Western and Central Massachusetts boys and girls basketball games, as well as games in the Eastern Mass North bracket, due to the snowfall in the region.
Snowfall is expected to steadily fall over the region through the evening.
As of 1 p.m., games in the South region are still expected to be played.
A few ice hockey games have been postponed as well. In the North, Woburn vs. St. Peter-Marian boys hockey, Austin Prep vs. Winchester boys hockey, as well as Barnstable vs. Shrewsbury girls hockey have been postponed.
As of 3 p.m., the following games have also been postponed:
- Arlington Catholic vs. Chelmsford, boys ice hockey in the North
- Acton-Boxboro vs. Reading, boys hockey in the North
- Hingham vs. Medfield, girls basketball in the South
- Hull vs. Marian, girls basketball in the South
- Sacred Heart vs. Westport, girls basketball in the South
- Marian vs. Westport, boys basketball in the South
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.