Last night was a night to remember for a pair of Southern Massachusetts communities as Duxbury’s Michela North and Stoughton’s Aaron Calixte joined the 1,000-point club in historic fashion.
By hitting a free throw with 6:36 remaining in the second, North became the first Duxbury girl to reach 1,000 points in over a decade. By reaching the milestone in the 17th game of her junior season, North became the fastest girl in program history to reach the 1,000-point plateau.
Not to be outdone, Calixte buried a pull-up three-pointer from the top of the key to eclipse the 1,000-point mark, and send Black Knight fans into a frenzy. Calixte became the first junior in program history to reach the milestone.
North finished the evening with 17 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks in a 50-48 victory over Hingham, while Calixte poured in 32 points, nine rebounds and eight assists in a 72-52 blowout of Hockomock rival Canton.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.