As the end of the regular season nears, the postseason picture continues to intensify in Division 1 as the top few slots in the Top 20 switch for the last time.
The biggest decision-makers came this week after No. 3 Woburn missed its chance to avenge No. 6 Belmont in a 3-3 tie.
No. 4 St. Mary's was bumped up a spot after tying No. 1 Duxbury, 2-2, the first team to do so this season. St. Mary's has cultivated itself into the strong contender it has been the past decade, but regardless, this year is going to be a tough call. No. 5 Walpole hit a big win over No. 11 Norwood, 5-1, in the Bay State Herget matchup keeping the team in the top five.
With the exception of No. 9 Lexington moving up the ladder after capitalizing on a 4-1 victory over Belmont, the rest of the Top 20 teams dropped a notch after nearly every team suffered a lost this week.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.