The MIAA announced to its 10th annual list of ice hockey sportsmanship award winners in conjunction with the Boston Bruins Monday.
Winners represent each boys and girls hockey league in the state and were selected by a representative of their league with the following criteria, as provided by the MIAA:
- An exemplary record of complying, both in spirit and letter, with all league and MIAA rules and regulations during the season.
- A demonstrated record of respectfully accepting the rulings of game officials during the season.
- A record of conduct, on and off the ice that brings honor to self, team, school, and community.
- An exhibited commitment to teamwork by providing all members with recognition of their talents, an opportunity to contribute them to the team, and a spirit of camaraderie.
- A demonstrated respect for opponents before, during, and after games.
Here is the full list of winners. For a closer look at each winner, visit the MIAA's website (.PDF):
Bay State Conference - Molly McNamara (Wellesley, MA), Wellesley
Catholic Central League - Shealyn Anthony (Reading, MA), Austin Prep
Catholic Conference - Emily Lafond (Hanover, MA), Notre Dame Academy
Middlesex League - Sara Lehman (Lexington, MA), Lexington
MVC/DCL - Katie St. George (Newton, MA), Newton South
SEMGHL – Coastal - Kelsey Powers (Duxbury, MA), Duxbury
SEMGHL – East - Maggie Travers (Scituate, MA), Scituate
SEMGHL – West - Michelle McNeil (Canton, MA), Canton
Atlantic Coast League - Cody Murray (East Falmouth, MA), Falmouth
Bay State Conference - Matthew Brown (Norwood, MA), Norwood
Big Three - Jake Adams (Dartmouth, MA), New Bedford
Boston City League - Anthony Bruno (East Boston, MA) , East Boston
Cape Ann League - Jonathan Gravallese (No. Reading, MA), North Reading
Catholic Central League Large - Robert Liberge (Lynn, MA), Bishop Fenwick
Commonwealth Athletic Conference - Kyle Edmonds (Gloucester, MA), Rockport
Coughlin Conference - Brandon Hennessy (Stow, MA), Nashoba Regional
Eastern Athletic Conference - Nelson Dickson (Vineyard Haven, MA), Martha’s Vineyard
Fay Division - Michael Duclos (Greenfield, MA), Greenfield
Greater Boston League - Charlie O’Leary (Somerville, MA), Somerville
Hennessy League - Cam Loehr (Lee, MA), Lee Middle/High
Hockomock League - Brendan Burns (North Attleboro, MA), North Attleboro
Independent Schools - Caleb Dalterio (Cotuit, MA), Cape Cod Academy
Middlesex League - Brian Gramolini (Belmont, MA), Belmont
MVC/DCL (Division 1) - Pat Houghton (Westford, MA), Westford Academy
MVC/DCL (Division 2) - Mike O'Brien (Concord, MA), Concord-Carlisle
MVC/DCL (Division 3) - Max Isberg (Newton, MA), Newton South
Northeastern Conference North - Nick Strangie (Danvers, MA), Danvers
Northeastern Conference South - Michael Harper (Marblehead, MA), Marblehead
Patriot League - Jack O’Donoghue (Scituate, MA), Scituate
Roy Conference - Sean Burns (Northborough, MA), Algonquin Regional
South Coast Conference - Tommy Davis (Buzzards Bay, MA), Bourne
Tri-Valley League - Patrick Williamson (Bellingham, MA), Bellingham
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.