1:19: Hingham 3, St. Johns (S) 2 -- Sam D'Antuono caps a special day with the game-winner in overtime to give him a hat trick and more importantly give the Harbormen a big win. Matt Brazel picks up his third assist and James Gordon grabs a helper as well.
15:00: Hingham 2, St. John's (S) 2 -- The third period saw the first ten minutes go by without a goal, but the teams exchanged late goals, putting us into a 12-minute, sudden-death overtime.
10:58: Hingham 2, St. John's (S) 2 -- The Pioneers strike right back with Jay Duquette punching one home to even things up. Nick Rutigliano and Kevin Emmerling pick up assists on the play.
10:30: Hingham 2, St. John's (S) 1 -- Sam D'Antuono with a beautiful redirect of a Nolan Driscoll shot for his second goal of the game. Brazell picks up another assist along with Driscoll.
15:00: Hingham 1, St. John's (S) 1 -- The teams enter the second intermission deadlocked at one. Hingham holding a 17-10 advantage in shots and St. John's goalie Mario Pizzeri has had to make some big saves to keep this game knotted up.
8:29: Hingham 1, St. John's (S) 1 -- Chris Adams took the puck in on a two-on-one break, slid it over to Connor Bertram on the right side of the slot and Bertram got goalie John Grenier to commit, allowing him to backhand the puck into the open net to tie the game up.
3:54: Hingham 1, St. John's (S) 0 -- Hingham sophomore Sam D'Antuono snapped a shot from the right circle that beat Mario Pizzeri high for the first goal of the game. It was a power play goal with assists from Ryan Linehan and Matt Brazel.
15:00: Hingham 0, St. Johns (Shrewsbury) 0 -- A fairly even first period of play ends with no scoring. The Harbormen picked up the only penalty of the period, but were able to kill it with no major threats. Hingham outshot St. John's 8-6 in the period. The six shots by the Pioneers bests the five total shots against Malden Catholic on Sunday.
The puck is about to drop on second round play in the Super 8 tournament. Two games on tap tonight featuring the teams from Bracket 1. The Harbormen of Hingham in the home whites and the Pioneers of St. John's in their road reds. Check back for live updates throughout the night.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.