6:02 overtime: BC High 3, St. John's (S) 2 -- St. John's played hard in overtime despite already being eliminated, but Matt Sullivan forces turnover in the Pioneers' zone and goes top shelf on Pizzeri from the slot for the unassisted game-winner. Keep it right here for updates from game No. 2 between Malden Catholic and Hingham.
End of regulation: St. John's (S) 2, BC High 2 -- This one will require extra time...shots on goal, 37-16, for BC High through three periods. Let's see what St. John's brings in overtime, they are now eliminated from the tournament even if they win due to goal differential.
12:09 3rd period: St. John's (S) 2, BC High 2 -- We've got a new game. Second power play goal of the day for BC High. Besinger walks in on Pioneers goalie Mario Pizzeri...Pizzeri makes the initial save but Besinger is able to take a few extra hacks and jam it past him. Assists to Brian Furery and Bartley Regan.
11:27 3rd period: St. John's (S) 2, BC High 1 -- BC High takes its timeout with three and a half minutes left...Eagles about to go on the man advantage for the third time with Andrew Smith in the box for boarding.
End of 2nd period: St. John's (S) 2, BC High 1 -- BC High couldn't pull even on the power play late in the period and the Pioneers take the one goal lead into the locker room despite a 14-6 Eagles shot advantage for the period.
10:59 2nd period: St. John's (S) 2, BC High 1 -- Jay Duquette gives the Pioneers their first lead of the game...takes a feed from Emmerling from behind the net and picks the top corner from just above the left circle...assists to Emmerling and Vin D'Amato.
6:18 2nd period: BC High 1, St. John's (S) 1 -- Besinger back on the ice for BC High, just in time to see Kevin Emmerling score the tying goal, top shelf glove side on BC High netminder Peter Cronin...unassisted.
4:00 2nd period: BC High 1, St. John's (S) 0 -- BC High's Tom Besinger drops his stick and glove and heads for the bench in pain...looks like a wrist/hand injury.
End of 1st period: BC High 1, St. John's (S) 0 -- The Eagles hold on to the one goal lead on Sullivan's goal...led first period in shots on goal, 9-3.
6:45 1st period: BC High 1, St. John's (S) 0 -- Matt Sullivan on the door step after a Sam Topham shot from the point. Power-play goal...assists to Topham and Tom Besinger.
The first of four games are underway at Lawler Arena. It's round three of the Super 8 hockey tournament and before the end of the day four teams will advance to Wednesday's crossover round while four will hang up the skates for the year.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.