BC High’s impressive 7-2 win over St. John’s Prep (9-2) on Friday boosted the Dorchester school into the top spot this week while the Prep fell to sixth after the loss. Tommy McDonald picked up the win for BC High (10-1), pitching a complete game three-hitter.
Marshfield (10-0) continues to be hot and moves up to the two spot after a 16-1 win over Plymouth South on Tuesday and a 12-3 win against Dennis-Yarmouth on Friday. The Rams will face their toughest test so far this season at No. 10 Plymouth North on Monday.
No. 3 Walpole (9-1) lost at Brookline on Tuesday but came back to end the week beating Milton and Dedham. Lowell (7-1) and Franklin (7-1) each went undefeated last week to stay at the four and five spots.
Newton South (8-0) kept on winning with victories against Waltham, Bedford and Westford. The No. 7 Lions will have a big game against eighth-ranked Lincoln Sudbury (7-1) on Wednesday.
Oliver Ames (8-1), Braintree (6-2) and North Reading (6-2) were all new additions to the Top 20 this week coming in at 16, 18 and 19 respectively.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.