Boston City League baseball and softball games of the week:
April 30 - May 5
Monday: West Roxbury at Charlestown, 3:30 - The Raiders are a perfect 6-0 in league action and sit atop of the South division. Charlestown is close behind though and will be a tough test on their home turf. The Townies sit at 3-2 in the league and are in third place in the South.
Wednesday: Randolph at Boston International, 3:30 - Boston International has yet to win a non-conference game despite sitting on top of the North standings. Randolph has struggled with a 2-3 record thus far and will look to get back on the right path as they travel to Boston International.
Thursday: West Roxbury at Brighton, 3 - After a tough game against Charlestown, it won’t get any easier for the Raiders as they head out on the road again to face Brighton. The Bengals are close behind in the South division and will look to gain some ground on their home turf.
Thursday: East Boston at O’Bryant, 3:30 - East Boston has struggled thus far, opening the season at 1-4. Things won’t get much easier for them as they travel to a tough O’Bryant squad that sits just ahead of them in the standings at 2-4.
Friday: South Boston at Burke, 3:30 - The Bulldogs have yet to win a game this season, but will look to get over the hump as they host a 2-3 South Boston team. The Knights are coming off a disheartening 7-0 loss to O’Bryant.
Monday: Burke at Snowden, 3:30 - Burke has started slow at 1-3, but is still within striking distance in the North division. Snowden is two steps ahead of the Bulldogs in the North with a 3-3 record. They look to get back on track after a disappointing 9-1 loss to Dorchester on Wednesday.
Tuesday: Dorchester at Fenway, 3:30 - Dorchester is 3-0 to start the season, but the Bears still sit second behind Latin Academy. Fenway has started a slow 1-4, but will look to rebound at home.
Tuesday: Woburn at Latin Academy, 3:30 - The Dragons play a tough out of league schedule to better prepare them for the city tournament, but have yet to win a non-league game. They’re looking for their first as they host a Woburn team coming off an 8-5 loss to Winchester.
Wednesday. Latin Academy at Brighton, 3 - The Dragons are perfect in the conference but will have a tough test with a road game at Brighton. The Bengals are 1-4, but are only two slots behind Latin Academy in the South division.
Friday: East Boston at O’Bryant, 3 - East Boston hasn’t lost a conference game yet as they sit on top of the North division. But the Tigers (1-2) will look to end that streak on their home turf.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.