Some Boston Public Schools baseball and softball games rained out on Thursday afternoon have been rescheduled, according to an athletic department official.
The Burke and South Boston varsity softball teams will play at 3:30 p.m. on May 9.
Snowden and Dorchester's varsity squads only will play at 3:30 p.m. at Roberts Field on May 22 while the Charlestown and Boston International varsity squads will now play at 3:30 p.m. at Fallon Field on May 24.
Also Burke's softball team had to change its April 23 game against Dorchester to May 21. That varsity game will be played at 3:30 p.m. at Roberts Field. O’Bryant will play Fenway at Clemente Field in the Fens at 3 p.m. on May 11.
O'Bryant's baseball game against Randolph and Latin Academy's game against Newton South have yet to be rescheduled.
The following softball games will be rescheduled as well: Charlestown at New Mission; O'Bryant at Fenway; Randolph at Dorchester; Madison Park at East Boston and Boston English at Brighton.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.