Jon Bartlett announced Wednesday that he will step down as head football coach at BC High. He will remain the school's athletic director.
"As far as athletic director, head football coach, husband, and father of a young family, there's a lot going on," Bartlett said as he watched the Eagles' baseball team host Xaverian. "It comes to a point where you need to prioritize and I had to make a decision."
The Eagles defeated Needham, 21-7, at Gillette Stadium to win the Division 1 Super Bowl, the team's second under Bartlett. The four-year coach also guided the Eagles to a pair of Catholic Conference titles and a 32-12 record.
Bartlett hopes to find a replacement "as soon as possible," and plans to start looking for a successor within the program "sooner than later." He notified his players before making the announcement.
"I told the players this afternoon," Bartlett said. "I wouldn't have made the decision public until I talked to them first."
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waiting for Twitter...