With a 14-10 win over formerly undefeated and top-ranked Lincoln-Sudbury, the Notre Dame of Hingham girls' lacrosse team has taken over the top spot in the Globe's Top 20.
The loss slips the Warriors down to the No. 3 spot as Winchester's strong 10-0 record puts them firmly in second. After opening their season with a narrow 13-12 loss to Lincoln-Sudbury, Westwood has rebounded, winning nine straight games to put them at No. 4. Needham's 9-1 record rounds out the top 5.
Concord-Carlisle moves up three spots to No. 7 after a three-win week, including handing No. 9 Masconomet its first loss of the season. Westford Academy also jumped three spots to No. 11.
Entering the rankings for the first time this week is Ashland, which sits at 8-0.
North Andover has climbed out of the bubble into the No. 17 spot after defeating ranked teams Ipswich and Hamilton-Wenham this week.
Those losses place Ipswich (No. 18) and Hamilton-Wenham (No. 19) at the edge of the standings with No. 20 Franklin (6-3). They'll have to contend with Wellesley, which just slipped out the rankings this week after a disappointing 3-5 record to begin the season.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.