It's finally happened. King Philip dropped from the top spot to No. 3 after its 3-2 extra-inning loss to Coyle & Cassidy last week. C-C third baseman Julie LeClaire connected with Meg Rico to tie the game in the bottom of the seventh, and again in the ninth to bring in shortstop Patty Borges to get the walk-off win. KP now has two losses, the other coming to Milford.
Dracut takes over the top spot with its 10-1 start. Chelmsford remains in the same slot after defeating Central Catholic, 6-4.
New Bedford drops to No. 9 after losing to Bridgewater-Raynham, 9-8.
Tewksbury claims the 14th spot, advancing to 7-2 this week in the tough Merrimack Valley Conference. The Redmen edged North Reading, 6-5, knocking the Hornets to the 16th slot.
Cardinal Spellman makes an appearance in the Top 20 sporting a perfect 7-0 record.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.