Patriots, Harvard football players conduct clinic for special needs students from Boston and Chelsea
Posted by Justin Rice May 6, 2012 12:17 PM
Photo courtesy of Pam RogersNew England Patriots quarterback Ryan Mallett, defensive end Alex Silvestro, punter Zoltan Mesko and players from Harvard's football team conducted a football skills clinic last week for 125 special needs and at-risk students from Boston and Chelsea public schools.
Conducted at Harvardís Jordan Field on Wednesday, the clinic included passing drills, strength exercises, punting instruction and an obstacle course.
The clinic was organized by AccesSportAmerica, a not for profit organization that inspires higher function and fitness for children and adults living with disabilities through high-challenge sports and training.
Justin A. Rice covers Boston Public school athletics. He can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeJustinRice or @BPSspts.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.
Get our headlines in social mediaTweets by @GlobeSchools