Boston schools’ baseball, softball and tennis contests slated for Tuesday afternoon were postponed due to inclement weather.
The Fenway at Charlestown varsity baseball game will be played on May 9 at 3:30 p.m. at Ryan Field. The Snowden-Boston International varsity baseball game will be played on May 9 at 3:30 p.m. at Fallon Field. The Dorchester-Burke varsity baseball game will be played on May 24 at 3:30 p.m. at Ronan Field. Latin Academy and Brighton varsity baseball will play at 3 p.m. on Friday at Rogers Field while the JV teams will play at McKinney field, also at 3 p.m. The O'Bryant-West Roxbury varsity baseball game will be played on Friday at 3 p.m.
The Dorchester-Fenway varsity softball game at the Fens (Clemente Field) will be replayed at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday. The Snowden-South Boston varsity softball game will be played at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday at Kirby Field. The Woburn-Latin Academy JV and varsity softball games will be played on May 17 at 3:30 p.m. at Playstead field.
While the girls’ tennis match between O’Bryant and Latin Academy was postponed, the boys’ match will be played indoors at Sportsmen’s Tennis Center at 2:15 p.m.
Other scheduling notes: The Maimonides-East Boston varsity baseball game originally scheduled for April 22 will now be played on Tuesday at East Boston Stadium at 4:30 p.m. The game was originally scheduled to be played at Maimonides.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.