Rosters for the annual North vs. South All-Star baseball game were released Thursday. The contest will be held Monday at Fraser Field in Lynn beginning at 7 p.m.
The North's 15-player roster includes pitchers Dan Dymecki (Wellesley, Phillips Andover), Matt Lounsbury (Matignon), Jason Harper (Northeast), Matt Tulley (Lowell), and John Jennings (Newton South). Position players include Steve Girolamo (Peabody), Chris DeLouchrey (Brighton), Gehnsy Troncoso (Salem), Sam Steeves (Latin Academy), Mac Cook (Reading), Peter Franchi (Lynnfield), James Machado (Dracut), Manny Powers (Malden Catholic), Brandon Walsh (North Andover), and Jack LeClair (Waltham).
North coaches are Madison Park's Mike Viggiano and Tewksbury Ron Drouin.
The South roster is 16 strong and includes six pitchers, Zach Schindler (Silver Lake), Luke Nagle (Pembroke), Javier Lozada (New Bedford), Patrick Delano (Braintree), Kevin Kwedor (Marshfield), and Koby Mitchell (Bishop Connolly). Also playing for the South are Brendan Skidmore (Franklin), Adam Fournier (Dartmouth), Sam Jordan (Dover-Sherborn), Evan Mondor (Dighton-Rehoboth), Sean O'Neill (Norwood), Casey DeAndrade (East Bridgewater), Max DiTondo (Marshfield), Ryan Olmo (North Attleboro), Joe Walsh (Taunton) and Bobby Melley (BC High).
South coaches are Marshfield's Bill Battis and Dartmouth's Jeff Sylvia.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.