Lincoln-Sudbury took the biggest leap this week, putting itself at No. 3 after three consecutive Dual County League victories over Boston Latin, Westford, and Acton-Boxboro.
The Colonials dropped out of the rankings with the loss.
The top tier remains untouchable with Barnstable, Melrose, Lincoln-Sudbury and Andover sporting undefeated records in Division 1. Wellesley's loss to Brookline shook up the rest of the lineup with the Warriors sitting at No. 10 behind Newton North, Canton and Arlington Catholic, who all remain strong contenders.
No. 16 North Attleboro and No. 17 Notre Dame of Hingham are safe as Central Catholic and Chelmsford inch into the rankings.
The mix-up this week is due to a postseason outlook of the state's top powerhouses as state tournament hopefuls clinch potential spots.
Check out the latest Globe Top 20 here.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.