Another week of competitive field hockey is over, bringing some changes to the Top 20. Watertown still holds the top spot, having not lost a game.
Walpole jumps up to No. 2, after blanking No. 4 Andover, 3-0, earlier in the week.
Sandwich bumped up to the 6th slot after beating Duxbury, 3-2, last week. Duxbury dropped to No. 5 because of the loss, but still stays ahead of Sandwich because they’ve outscored the Sandwich 6-4 in two games.
Apponequet makes the move to No. 15 after winning every game they’ve played for another week.
Westford moves up one spot after tying No. 8 Acton-Boxboro, 1-1.
No. 19 Dover-Sherborn is new, beating out Tri-Valley League foe Westwood, which has not won a game this month.
Masconomet makes its debut at No.20. The Chieftains haven’t lost a game this season and currently sit at the top of the Cape Ann League.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.