With the season off and rolling, there are a few big changes to the Globe field hockey Top 20. Thereís no surprise that the top four teams havenít moved.
Watertown, Andover, Duxbury and Walpole havenít lost a game yet. Walpole and Andover are playing each other next Monday, so there could be some movement next week. The Porkers havenít let in a goal so far.
Chelmsford moved up after defeating No. 8 Acton-Boxboro, 1-0. But the Colonials 7-1 start gives them a significant bump up.
Westwood makes their debut at No. 9 after earning the top spot in the Tri-Valley Conference these past few weeks.
Scituate claims the 11th slot after beating No. 12 Monomoy and No. 13 Cohasset. Monomoy defeated Cohasset 1-0 to put them ahead.
Oliver Ames rounds off the Top 20. A 7-0-1 mark puts them at the top of the Hockomock Davenport, a highlight of their season was a huge 2-2 tie with No. 6 Canton.
See the full field hockey Top 20 here.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.