Whitman-Hanson Regional High School announced today that Dave Fouracre has been named as its new head baseball coach.
A Massachusetts High School Baseball Coaches Hall of Fame inductee in 2003, Fouracre was the baseball coach at Brockton from 1988 to 2005 where he compiled a 237-151 record with the Boxers which included a Division 1 state championship in 1997.
Prior to Brockton he was the head coach for Oliver Ames High School from 1982-1987. In his high school tenure, Fouracre has guided 118 of his players to college careers and has had six former players drafted by Major League Baseball teams.
Most recently, Fouracre was a coach at UMass-Dartmouth where he spent six years. Prior to that he spent time coaching Bridgewater State and Curry College.
“We are just so excited to bring in such an experienced and successful coach who has a youthful energy and an incredible passion for the game of baseball,” said Whitman-Hanson athletic director Bob Rodgers. “Dave is the perfect fit for our program at this time and I know the kids are in for an incredible experience this spring.”
The Panthers finished with an 8-10 record last season and were 7-6 in the Patriot League where they play out of the Keenan Division.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.