Established in 1992, the Danvers High School Blue and White Club Hall of Fame recognizes the accomplishments of DHS athletes who have made an important impact in their sport while at the school.
This year the Blue and White Club honors six former Danvers High School athletes at their annual induction ceremonies set for November 20th at the Village Green Restaurant on Route 1 North in Danvers at 6:00 p.m.
The class of 2012 features Bob Parsons (1947) a football and basketball player who served as a special contributor for 35 years in the Danvers School System, Len Elwin (1966) a standout on the basketball court, Joanne Lavender (1980) a three-sport star in field hockey, basketball and softball, Brian Thibodeau (1991) who excelled in both hockey and baseball, Amy Papamechial Barth (1992) another three-sport star in field hockey, basketball and softball and Mike Maroney (1993) who was a top talent on basketball court and baseball diamond.
The event is sponsored by The TD Club of Danvers and tickets are $40.00. You can contact Barry Robertson at (978) 821-9972 to purchase tickets or for additional details.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.