With the Boston.com top 100 taking a brief hiatus before we release a special Thanksgiving edition next Monday, the Globe Top 20 is back with four teams making a fresh appearance.
Mansfield, Masconomet, Sharon and Abington round out Nos. 17 through 20 this week.
Mansfield (7-3) made a dazzling comeback to knock out Franklin, 28-21, and claim the Hockomock Kelley Rex title. Masco (8-2) used its gritty run game and relentless defense to roll over Revere, 42-0, and take the Cape Ann/Northeastern Division 1 crown. Sharon (8-2) squeaked by Foxboro, 14-7, to win the Hockomock Davenport, the first league championship in school history. And Abington (10-0) took down East Bridgewater, 22-16, to reclaim the South Shore League after winning it five straight times from 2005 to 2009.
In the upper half of the rankings, No. 6 Natick (9-1) made a hefty jump after its thrilling 21-14 win over No. 9 Walpole (9-1).
Here’s this week’s Globe Top 20:
4. St. John’s Prep
10. King Philip
14. Central Catholic
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.