This past weekend, the Lincoln-Sudbury and Concord-Carlisle boys' ice hockey teams participated in the first annual "Warriors 4 Warriors, Patriots 4 Patriots" benefit hockey game. The game was a fundraising event to honor fallen soldier and former Lincoln-Sudbury team captain Lt. Scott Milley.
All the proceeds from the game were raised by students from both schools by selling commemorative wristbands, t-shirts, raffle sales and entry fees went to the Lt. Scott Milley Ranger Foundation and the Military Friends Foundation. Perhaps the only thing more impressive than the play, was that the idea for this benefit game came from Jordan Dow a Lincoln-Sudbury senior and captain of the hockey team.
Though Lincoln-Sudbury came away with the win, both schools look forward to the continuing the tradition of the Warriors 4 Warriors, Patriots 4 Patriots Benefit Game.
See highlights from the game and hear the coaches and players talk about Milley in the video above.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.
- Waiting for Twitter...