The Massachusetts High School Football Coaches Association 2012 All-State Team was announced Thursday. Players must be nominated by their head coaches to be considered for the team and this year there were over 100 nominations from coaches across the state. The team will be honored at a banquet sponsored by the MHSFCA and the Gridiron Club of Great Boston on Sunday, March 2, 2013 at The Lantana in Randolph. Here is the list of the 26 players who made the team:
Quarterbacks - Zach Bartak, Greenfield; Mackay Lowrie, Roxbury Latin; Nick Peabody, Barnstable.
Running backs - Vincent Burton, Blue Hills; Dylan Oxsen, Plymouth South; Quron Wright, Holy Name.
Wide receivers - Will Heikkinen, Andover; Brian O' Malley, St. Sebastian's.
Linemen - Aaron Dyke, Auburn; John Foster, Scituate; Rob Kosharek, Duxbury; Jack McDonald, BC High; John Montelus, Everett.
Linemen - Matt Comerford, Reading; Terrel Correia, Nantucket; Joe Previte, Brockton; Maurice Hurst, Xaverian.
Linebackers - Cam Hanley, Walpole; Sha'ki Holines, Commerce; Zack Hume, Nashoba; Bryan Vieira, Thayer.
Defensive backs - Brendan Flaherty, Beverly; Kiivone Howard, Foxboro; Dylan Mann, Masconomet; Alex Moore, St. John's Prep; Justin Mount, Westford Academy.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.