The seniors on the Watertown field hockey team have never lost a game in their four-year tenure. They finished like they started, with another Division 2 state championship. Four straight state championships and a perfect 23-0 earned the Raiders the No. 1 slot.
Acton-Boxboro finished No.2 after earning its third Division 1 state championship in six years. The Colonials' 1-0 victory over No. 3 Walpole in the EMass final forced the Porkers down a slot.
Weston shot up to No. 4 after a deep run in the playoffs. The Wildcats defeated No. 5 Chelmsford 3-2 in OT in the North semifinals. Duxbury finishes eighth after falling to No.7 Franklin in the playoffs. No. 12 Monomoy came close to their first South crown, but fell to No. 10 Apponequet 2-0 in the finals.
No. 15 Lincoln Sudbury jumped ahead of No. 20 Westford with a 2-1 playoff victory.
See the final Boston Globe field hockey Top 20 here.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.