Fourteen of New England's top prep school boys' basketball teams will square off in the 4th annual Prep School Classic Saturday and Sunday in Boston. The games will be held at the Ray and Joan Kroc Salvation Army Community Center in Boston.
"BABC is excited to once again host the Prep Classic," said Jay Demings, BABC's Director of Operations in a release. "We feel we have compiled the best regional prep school teams and believe that the advanced level of play will make for another memorable event."
2 p.m. -- Vermont Academy vs. Redemption Christian Academy (NY)
3:20 -- St. Andrew's School (RI) vs. Tilton School (NH)
4:40 -- New Hampton (NH) vs Notre Dame Prep (Fitchburg)
6 -- Beaver Country Day vs Worcester Academy
2 -- Kimball Union Academy (NH) vs. Marianapolis Prep (Conn.)
3:20 -- Brimmer & May vs. Northfield Mt. Herman
4:40 -- Rivers vs. Pingree
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.