Starting to think that I bring some sort of bad luck.
I wrote two stories last week, one about Taunton and one about St. John's Prep, and look what happened, they both lost.
In a stunning result Sunday afternoon, Waltham dropped the undefeated Eagles, 68-55, moving them two spots down in this week's Top 20. With the win, the Hawks make their first appearance in the rankings, in the 19th spot.
Danvers, which, remains undefeated, took Prep's place as the second-ranked team.
Mansfield, which won its eighth consecutive game Sunday, edging out No. 15 Brockton, 66-41, moved into the third spot. The 11th-ranked Tigers only went down one spot after their crushing 77-76 loss to New Bedford.
Cardinal Spellman, which is 6-0 in the Catholic Central League, rounds out the Top 20.
One thing that hasn't changed? Central Catholic has yet to lose a game in Massachusetts this season and remains in the top spot for another week.
Andy Deossa covers boys’ basketball for the Boston Globe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @Andy_Deossa.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.