Duxbury and Marshfield high school and youth hockey teams will join forces Monday in the Fourth annual Green Cup, all to raise money for Coaches vs. Cancer and the American Cancer Society.
Seven games will be held at The Bog in Kingston starting at 10:40 a.m. with the Mite C game. That will be followed by the Marshfield Mite A2 vs. Duxbury Mite B at 11:50, Mite A game at 1:10 p.m., Squirt A at 2:20, middle school at 3:30, and junior varsity at 4:40. The last contest at 5:50 p.m. is between the high school varsity teams.
In addition to the action on the ice, fans can show their support for breast cancer awareness by purchasing a Green Cup Goes Pink t-shirt for $10. Players and fans are asked to make a $10 donation. With the donation, fans will be given a card to write a message that will be posted on a display board in the main lobby of The Bog and get a raffle ticket with a chance to win Boston Bruins tickets.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waiting for Twitter...