There must be something about Watertown’s court that appeals to Reading senior Olivia Healy. Last season, Healy netted her 1,000th career point on the Raiders’ home floor and on Tuesday she reached another milestone.
With 42 points in the Rockets’ 56-39 win over Watertown, Healy set the overall career scoring record at Reading. The performance left her with 1,568 career points passing the previous record set by Brian Wilson in 1985.
Last season Healy passed Jenny Shoemaker’s girls record of 1,201 which was set in 2003.
“Olivia is the most dominant high school player I have ever seen,” said Reading coach Kim Penney.
Healy, who plays different positions depending on the need of the team, also had 13 rebounds in Tuesday’s game as the No. 1 Rockets stayed undefeated at 13-0.
“It was a very good team win and Olivia led the way,” said Penney.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.