McDonald's announced its list of nominees for the 2013 McDonald's All American Games and out of 814 seniors, three local female athletes have made the list.
Newton South's Kayla Burton, Rivers School's Emilee Daley, and Medway's Sarah Hope were all nominated to play in the game.
A complete list of nominees is available at www.mcdaag.com.
The final roster of 24 boys and 24 girls will be announced during the McDonald's All American Games selection show 5 p.m. Feb. 14 on ESPNU.
The 36th annual boys game will tip-off 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3 from Chicago's United Center and will be aired on ESPN. The 12th annual Girls game will precede the boys game, beginning at 7 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPNU.
Tickets for the 2013 Games go on sale Jan. 19 at noon. Net proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). The games have raised more than $10 million for RMHC since its inception in 1978, according to McDonald's.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.