Football Alignments for 2013 season
(pending final appeals on Jan. 22)
Division 1 (12 schools) – Lawrence, Lowell, St. John’s Prep, Acton-Boxboro, Malden, Everett, Lexington, Methuen, Peabody, Andover, Chelmsford, and Central Catholic.
Division 2 (12 schools) – Haverhill, Cambridge, Newton South, Westford, Lincoln-Sudbury, Lynn English, Billerica, Waltham, Lynn Classical, North Andover, Malden Catholic, and Reading.
Division 3 Northeast (11 schools) – Revere, Somerville, Boston Latin, Salem, Masconomet, Beverly, Dracut, Gloucester, Danovers, Marblehead, and Tewksbury.
Division 3 Northwest (11 schools) – Medford, Woburn, Arlington, Concord-Carlisle, Winchester, Burlington, Wilmington, Melrose, Wakefield, Wayland, and Arlington Catholic.
Division 4 (16 schools) – Belmont, Bedford, Triton, Pentucket, Watertown, Weston, Saugus, Newburyport, Swampscott, North Reading, Stoneham, Amesbury, Ipswich, Hamilton-Wenham, Lynnfield, and Winthrop.
Division 5 (16 schools) – Greater Lowell, Shawsheen, East Boston, Madison Park, Northeast, Whittier, Brighton, Greater Lawrence, St. Mary’s, Manchester Essex, Lowell Catholic, Bishop Fenwick, Georgetown, Austin Prep, Matignon, and Pope John.
Division 6 (18 schools) – Chelsea, Charlestown, Latin Academy, Minuteman, O’Bryant, Boston English, Lynn Tech, West Roxbury, Burke, North Shore, Dorchester, Marian, New Mission, St. Joseph’s Prep, Cathedral, Mystic Valley, St. Clement, and South Boston.
Division 1 (12 schools) – Brockton, BC High, New Bedford, Framingham, Weymouth, Newton North, Attleboro, Xaverian, Brookline, Bridgewater-Raynham, Franklin, and Catholic Memorial.
Division 2 (12 schools) – Durfee, Taunton, Needham, Quincy, Barnstable, Braintree, Mansfield, Marshfield, Natick, Wellesley, King Philip, and Duxbury.
Division 3 Southeast (12 schools) – Plymouth South, Silver Lake, Dartmouth, Whitman-Hanson, Plymouth North, Pembroke, Dighton-Rehoboth, Nauset, Sandwich, Somerset-Berkley, Falmouth, and Sharon.
Division 3 Southwest (12 schools) – North Quincy, North Attleboro, Oliver Ames, Hingham, Milford, Stoughton, Norwood, Walpole, Hopkinton, Milton, Medfield, and Bishop Feehan.
Division 4 (16 schools) – Dennis-Yarmouth, Westwood, Canton, Middleboro, Randolph, Foxboro, Apponequet, Holliston, Scituate, Medway, Dedham, Wareham, Norton, Hanover, Bishop Stang, and Coyle-Cassidy.
Division 5 (18 schools) – Greater New Bedford, Diman, Old Rochester, Martha’s Vineyard, Ashland, Bellingham, Seekonk, Norwell, Dover-Sherborn, Fairhaven, Case, Bourne, Rockland, Cardinal Spellman, East Bridgewater, Abington, Archbishop Williams, and Mashpee.
Division 6 (18 schools) – Southeastern, Bristol-Plymouth, Tri-County, Blue Hills, Cape Cod Tech, South Shore, Upper Cape, Old Colony, Carver, Nantucket, Millis, West Bridgewater, Cohasset, Hull, Monomoy, Holbrook, Bishop Connolly, and Pope John Paul.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.
- Waiting for Twitter...