Reading is the new top-ranked team, following Braintree's loss to previously unranked Newton North.
Newton North has made its case that it belongs in the Top 20, thanks to an impressive win over Braintree and a 31-point victory over No. 20 Lincoln-Sudbury. North debuts at No. 19. With the loss, the Wamps fall to No.3, moving Archbishop Williams to No.2.
Central Catholic dropped to No.10 after Andover avenged a tournament loss to the Raiders earlier in the season. The Raiders may continue to skid with a tough match up against North Andover this week.
No. 11 Pentucket also suffered a drop in the polls after Notre Dame (Hingham) snapped the Sachems undefeated season bid on Saturday.
It is important to make note that the Merrimack Valley is up for grabs. The Top 20 may continue to shift as conference races heat up.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.