Due to an expected weekend snow storm - for the third straight week - the MIAA announced alterations to its Saturday lineup of sectional and All-State meets for indoor track and gymnastics.
All will go on as planned, but with earlier times.
The All-State Indoor Track Meet at Reggie Lewis Track Center has been rescheduled for 9:30 a.m., from 11 a.m., in hopes of beating the worst of the storm. Relays will begin promptly after the finish of the girls' 2-mile run.
The schedule for the girls' gymnastics sectionals has also been changed. The South sectional check-in will begin at 8:30 a.m., with the meet starting at 9:30 a.m. Check-in for the North meet will begin at 12:30 p.m., with competition getting underway at 1:30 p.m. Both meets will be held at Hudson High School.
The MIAA advised all athletes, coaches, and fans to check MIAA.net for further weather related announcements.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.