The MIAA posted the Super 8 matchups and times Tuesday afternoon. The tournament gets underway Sunday with four games at Tsongas Arena in Lowell. St. John's Prep faces Central Catholic at noon, followed by BC High vs. Catholic Memorial at 2:15 p.m., Malden Catholic vs. Sprinfgield Cathedral at 4:30, and Austin Prep vs. Reading at 6:45.
All series are best 2-of-3. Game 2 for BC High/CM and AP/Reading is Wednesday, with Game 2 for Prep/Central and MC/Cathedral on Thursday. Wednesday and Thursday games are at Stoneham Arena.
The MIAA also released the boys' hockey Division 1 North and South sectional brackets with action squaring off Wednesday.
Division 1 North
1. Chelmsford (14-3-4) .762; 2. Winchester (14-5-3) .705; 3. Arlington Catholic (11-6-4) .619; 4. Woburn (10-6-4) .600; 5. Burlington (10-6-5) .595; 6. Waltham (12-8-2) .591; 7. Wakefield (9-6-5) .575; 8. Arlington (9-6-5) .575; 9. Melrose (10-7-4) .571; 10. Andover (10-8-3) .548.
First Round (Wednesday)
Melrose vs. Arlington, 7:30 p.m. at Woburn
Andover vs. Wakefield, 7:30 p.m. at Stoneham
Melrose/Arlington winner at Chelmsford, 6:30 p.m.
Burlington vs. Woburn, 4:30 p.m. at Chelmsford
Andover/Wakefield winner vs. Winchester, 5:30 p.m., at Stoneham
Arlington Catholic vs. Waltham, 8 p.m., at Stoneham
Division 1 South
1. Archbishop Williams (12-4-4) .700; 2. Hingham (13-7-2) .636; 3. Braintree (17-4-1) .795; 4. Duxbury (14-3-5) .750; 5. Marshfield (16-6-) .727; 6. Barnstable (12-4-4) .700; 7. Norwood (13-5-2) .700; 8. Framingham (14-7-0) .667; 9. Natick (11-7-2) .600; 10. Walpole (9-6-5) .575; 11. Falmouth (10-7-5) .568; 12. Milton (9-7-6) .545; 13. Xaverian (8-7-5) .525; 14 Weymouth (10-10-0) .500; 15. Brockton (8-12-0) .400.
Milton vs. Marshfield, 6 p.m. at Gallo Ice Arena
Brockton vs. Hingham, 8 p.m. at TBD
Xaverian vs. Duxbury, 7 p.m. at The Bog
Weymouth vs. Braintree, TBD, at TBD
Falmouth vs. Barnstable at Gallo, 5 p.m.
Walpole vs Norwood at Gallo, 7:30
TBA: Natick vs. Framingham
Framingham/Natick winner vs. Archbishop Williams, TBD at TBD
Marshfield/Milton winner vs. Duxbury/Xaverian winner, TBD at TBD
Barnstable/Falmouth winner vs. Braintree/Weymouth winner, TBD at TBD
Norwood/Brockton winner vs. Hingham/Brockton winner, TBD at TBD
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.