Football coaches looking to get an early start on next season can head to Boston College's Yawkey Athletic Center Saturday for the annual coaches clinic, hosted by New Balance and the Jack Grinold Eastern Mass. chapter of the National Football Foundation.
The free clinic begins with registration at 8:15 a.m. followed by a welcome from new BC football coach Steve Addazio at 8:45. There will be three sessions for coaches split into offense and defense.
Offensive sessions include BC's run scheme and offensive line techniques led by Eagles offensive line coach Justin Frye, the Holy Cross passing attack led by HC receivers coach Cazzie Kosciolek, and Harvard's play-action passing game with Crimson offensive coordinator Joel Lamb.
Defensive sessions include BC's defensive line schemes and techniques, led by line coach Ben Albert, the UNH Fire Zone with New Hampshire linebackers coach Art Link, and Rushing the Passer, led by Harvard line coach Mike Horan.
Lunch will be served at noon. Call 617-552-3010 if you wish to attend.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.