Only two big games matched up teams in the Top 20 this week, meaning little change in the rankings.
St. Mary's completed its season sweep of Arlington Catholic with a 58-48, victory on Friday, moving the Spartans up one spot to No.15, while the Cougars drop to No.16.
Andover also suffered a drop to No.17 after losing a Merrimack Valley Conference match to No.4 Billerica.
This may come as a surprise to many, but Newton North jumped to No.13 in this week's poll. No, the Tigers did not beat any team in particular and No.19 Duxbury and No. 18 Ipswich did not lose this week. We just feel that Newton North is better than a 19th-ranked team.
The Tigers, winners of 13 straight games, will be right there in the tournament, and as long as they continue to win games they will continue to climb to the top 10.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.