Here are some interesting tidbits from girls' lacrosse in the past week:
1. The numbers are on their side -- Duxbury senior Hannah Murphy, who scored nine goals in just two games last week, received reinforcements from teammates Lilly Smith (four goals) and Christina Balzotti (five goals) in the Dragons' defeat of Pembroke and Cohasset. With such a talented trio on attack, Duxbury is certainly a force to be reckoned with.
2. Change doesn't change quality -- Andover (2-3-2), which is adjusting to a new coach this season, proved that they can still hold their own with the top programs. The Golden Warriors battled to a 17-17 tie against No. 11 Winchester on Saturday.
3. Good Friday -- Two Norwell senior captains had career-best performances in a 14-9 win over Lincoln-Sudbury on Friday. Mary O'Connell finished with six goals and five assists. Maddie Ward scored six goals as well and added two assists.
4. Westford stands tall -- Bishop Guertin (N.H.) nearly ended Westford's undefeated run. The Grey Ghosts were down as much as 5-1 in the first half, but the second half was all Westford. Junior defenders Rebecca and Cathrun Sennott helped keep the Cardinals scoreless for 23 minutes as the Ghosts came back to win the game 14-11.
5. The girl on fire -- Kristy Robertson scored 12 goals, a career high, and dished out four assists in Haverhill's 21-12 thrashing of Dracut on Friday. She now has 141 career goals.
Catherine Calsolaro covers girls' lacrosse. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @catrenee13.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.