Here are some things you should know this week in boys' lacrosse:
1. Here's your game of the week -- Lincoln-Sudbury vs Duxbury is the game of the week. Both teams will look to prove Thursday that they deserve to be No. 1. Two players to keep an eye on in this one are Duxbury’s JC LoConte and Lincoln-Sudbury’s John Sexton.
2. The last of the unbeatens -- Canton debuted in the Top 20 this week at No. 16. Along with Lincoln-Sudbury, they’re the only team that remain undefeated. They look to keep their unbeaten streak alive this week while facing off against Oliver Ames and Abington.
3. One hot player -- Nick Pino of North Andover has 44 goals and 20 assists this season. The Scarlet Knights look to continue their strong play in a tough matchup this Thursday against Billerica.
4. The battle for the Bay State Conference -- Newton North, the Globe's 11th ranked team, has won six in a row and is in a fierce battle for first place in the Bay State Conference with No. 5 Needham. The Tigers have a game with Wellesley (8-4) this Thursday while gearing up for a matchup with Needham next Tuesday.
5. One more game to watch -- Jay Drapo of Westford has been hot as of late. The Grey Ghosts have a tough matchup with Acton Boxborough this Thursday.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.