The Scarlet Hawks soared this season, winning their second consecutive Division 1 state championship while riding the arm of Kentucky-commit Shannon Smith. Smith set the state career strikeout record at 1,219.
Bridgewater-Raynham was second, with its only loss of the season coming to No.1 Milford in the South finals. The Trojans finished the regular season undefeated.
Central Catholic moved up to No. 3 after the Raiders impressive tournament run. C-C captured the Division 1 North crown after defeating No. 11 Newton North, 10-2.
No. 4 Concord-Carlisle and No. 5 Burlington move up in the rankings after a great postseason. Burlington captured the Division 2 North crown.
Bishop Stang earned a spot after winning the Division 2 South title, a 5-3 victory over Dedham.
Duxbury rounds off the Top 20 as the Green Dragons made a South semifinal appearance and won the Patriot League crown.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.