The first week of the high school football season is upon us and that means our preview section is live on Boston.com.
You can find our the preview section right here, along with several stories to kick off the season. There are capsules for each Eastern Massachusetts team, and it can be searched by league or by school name. You can also find our very first Boston.com 100, which returns for its third season.
Correspondents Andrew MacDougall and Stephen Sellner joined me for our first Huddle, a preview of the season and a look at the new statewide playoff format.
Here are links to all the stories in our section:
- In our lead feature by John Powers, Troy Flutie continues the Natick to Boston College path
- Natick's Brian Dunlap out for season with a foot injury
- A look at the high school football players to watch in 2013
- Waltham has renewed quest for playoff berth
- New playoff format gives Quincy, other schools hope
- Teams north of Boston, including Lowell, ready for new playoff system
- In Boston's Public Schools, a strong senior class of quarterbacks represent the city
- Most city coaches decry statewide playoff football format
- Madison Park gets ready for another Super Bowl run
- Linemen to watch in 2013
- A breakdown of the North-South football alignments from the MIAA
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.