As the regular season hits its final week, here are our 10 games to watch as league titles and playoff spots are filled this weekend.
O’Bryant (6-0, 4-0) at Latin Academy (6-0, 4-0), 3 p.m. – The Boston City League South crown is up for grabs with a pair of unbeatens going at it.
No. 2 Natick (6-0, 4-0) at No. 20 Walpole (4-2, 3-1), 7 p.m. – Both teams fight for the automatic qualifying bid in the Bay State Herget.
Weymouth (4-2, 4-0) at No. 16 Needham (5-1, 4-0), 7 p.m. – Needham tries to win its sixth straight game and claim the Bay State Carey crown.
No. 18 Acton-Boxborough (5-1, 3-0) at Waltham (4-1, 3-0), 7 p.m. – The Dual County Large title is on the line as both sides bring in four-game winning streaks.
No. 4 Xaverian (5-1, 2-0) at No. 9 BC High (4-2, 2-0), 7 p.m. – A pair of strong defenses face off with first place in the Catholic Conference and the league's automatic qualifying bid to the postseason going to the winner.
No. 1 Everett (5-1, 3-0) at Malden (4-2, 2-0), 1 p.m. -- Top-seeded Everett tries to wrap up the Greater Boston League crown with a road win at Malden.
Brockton (3-3, 1-0) at New Bedford (2-4, 0-0), 1 p.m. – Brockton tries to remain unbeaten in the Big Three.
Bishop Stang (4-2, 2-1) at Somerset Berkley (3-3, 3-0), 1 p.m. -- Somerset Berkley tries to go unbeaten through league play and take the Eastern Athletic Conference title.
Governor’s Academy (5-0) at Milton’s Academy (5-0), 2 p.m. – Something’s got to give Saturday when a pair of unbeaten ISL teams collide.
Marian (3-3, 2-3) at St. Clement (4-1, 3-1), 4:30 p.m. – St. Clement clinches the Catholic Central Small crown with a win.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.