Here's some tidbits in girls' soccer from the past week:
1.One outstanding goalie -- Concord Carlisle goalie Angela DeBruzzi made five outstanding saves for the Patriots in Saturday's Kicks for Cancer tournament. She blanked Lincoln-Sudbury in the 0-0 tie for her sixth shutout.
2. Player to watch -- Bishop Stang's Andrea Rego leads Eastern Mass. with 14 assists. She also has scored five goals for the Spartans, who are 7-2 overall.
3. Notre Dame (Hingham) continues to impress -- The undefeated Cougars defeated another Top 20 team, Bishop Feehan, on Monday. Junior Sarah Rawson scored the only goal in the 1-0 win. The Cougars are now 8-0 and have allowed only two goals this season.
4. Lowell Catholic continues its dominance -- The Crusaders have been cleaning up in the Catholic Central Small, defeating Pope John, the league's second place team, 3-0 on Monday for their 30th straight conference win. Lowell Catholic is 7-0-1 on the season and 5-0 in league play.
5. Player of the week (so far) -- Four goals from Corey Murray led Scituate in a 6-1 league win over Pembroke on Tuesday. The Sailors remain undefeated and Murray now has 11 goals on the season.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.