For this week's Top 20 list, Central Catholic and Newton North remain first and second with their continued dominance over opponents.
Cardinal Spellman and Lincoln-Sudbury have played consistently well and each jump up a spot to No. 3 and No. 4, respectively.
Beverly, however, lost 1-0 to unranked Marblehead and 5-0 to Newton North so they slide down to No. 9.
At 11-1-1, Austin Prep continues to rise in the ranks and is up to No. 5 this week.
Franklin, Notre Dame (Hingham) and East Bridgewater are sitting pretty at Nos. 6 through 8.
Acton-Boxboro once again rounds out the Top 10.
The back 10 look quite different than in the previous weeks. Peabody and Oliver Ames are both up one spot to Nos. 11 and 12. Newburyport slides in at No. 13. The Clippers are undefeated at 11-0-1 and first in the Cape Ann League. Masconomet, also in the CAL and also undefeated at 9-0-3, joins the list at No. 16.
Dedham at No. 14 and Canton at No. 15 are each up a spot. North Attleboro moved into 17th, Lowell Catholic held onto 18th, and two Patriot League teams -- Duxbury and Scituate -- finish out this week's list at 19th and 20th.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.