Not much change in the top half of this week's girls' soccer Top 20.
Central Catholic remains unbeaten and number one on our list. The Raiders are also listed at No. 7 on the National Soccer Coaches Association of America Top 25 polls this week. Newton North, second on our list, is also ranked nationally, at No. 20. Cardinal Spellman rounds out the top three for the second straight week.
Austin Prep, Franklin, Notre Dame (Hingham) and East Bridgewater all jump up a spot, while Acton-Boxboro, Peabody, Oliver Ames and Newburyport all move up two. Lincoln-Sudbury drops out of the top 10 to No. 12 after a 2-1 loss to Westford Academy, their second loss in three games.
Masconomet added another tie this week, but still no losses for them this season and is up to No. 13. Beverly continues to slip, down to No. 14 this week. Dedham follows the Panthers in 15th. A 3-0 loss to Oliver Ames drops Canton to 19th, allowing Lowell Catholic, Duxbury and Scituate to all move up two spots. A tie and a loss for North Attleboro knocks them out to make room for Bishop Feehan to enter the list at No. 20.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.