For Haverhill swimming coach Rick Battistini, he will come to remember his 300th Hillies win as a wet one.
After an 87-81 Hillies' (8-2) victory over Central Catholic Friday, Battistini's girls pushed him in the pool to celebrate the big 300.
The achievement came after a come-from-behind effort from quadruple winner and senior captain Cali Aramian, who anchored the final relay to win.
"The 300th win is not a big individual thing but the longevity over the life of the girls' program," he said.
The three-time Globe Coach of the Year, who has coached the Hillies swimming program since the late 70s, felt a sigh of relief after a "very close meet." The Hillies have seen four undefeated seasons under Battistini.
"It's been a pleasure to coach so many extremely hard-working teams," he said.
Battistini also coach Lowell, where he broke seven varsity records and led the team to seventh-place finish at a state meet.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.