Matignon has named Sean Glavin as the new head coach for the boys' basketball program. Glavin joins the Warrior staff after spending the last five seasons at Billerica coaching freshman basketball and baseball. Glavin was also the varsity offensive line coach for the Indians football team.
The Nichols College alum graduated from Billerica in 2002 where he was a three-sport captain and he earned nine varsity letters in football, basketball and baseball.
"I'm both excited and honored to be a part of an institution that is rich in both pride and tradition," said Glavin. He said he wants to "continue that pride and tradition, and help it grow through hard work and commitment."
"Sean is a man of great character and integrity and possesses extraordinary work ethic," said athletic director Tim Alberts. "His varied experiences in coaching have prepared him for this challenge and we look forward to a bright future for Matignon High School basketball."
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.