Here are the 10 games to watch in high school football this week as the calendar turns to October.
Oliver Ames (3-0) at Stoughton (3-0), 3:45 p.m. – A pair of unbeaten Hockomock Davenport teams meet and could take over sole possession of first place with a Sharon loss at Foxborough.
No. 3 Mansfield (3-0) at No. 20 Attleborough (3-0), 7 p.m. – Both teams come in rolling, but can Attleborough contain Mansfield’s offensive firepower?
Holliston (4-0) at Westwood (2-1), 7 p.m. – Westwood’s 42-14 win on Thanksgiving last year kept Holliston out of the playoffs for the first time in four years. The two rivals battle for first place in the Tri-Valley Large.
No. 13 Duxbury (2-1) at Hingham (2-1), 1 p.m. – Patriot Keenan foes collide in Hingham’s first league contest.
Cambridge (2-2) at No. 1 Everett (2-1), 2 p.m. – Can Everett break the curse and survive in the top spot?
Catholic Memorial (1-2) at No. 4 Xaverian, 2:15 p.m. – Xaverian tries to get back on track after becoming the latest No. 1 team to fall.
No. 12 Walpole (2-1) at Wellesley (1-2), 2:30 p.m. – Walpole had no problem taking care of Dedham last week, but Wellesley’s 1-2 record is deceiving as it hung tough with No. 2 Natick last week and Concord-Carlisle in its first game.
Northeast (3-0) at Whittier (3-1), 2:30 p.m. – Unbeaten Northeast kicks off league play at first-place Whittier in what could turn into a shootout.
Lawrence Academy (1-1) at Milton Academy (2-0), 3:30 p.m. – Milton Academy tries to keep it going when it plays host to Lawrence Academy.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.