Here are our 10 games to watch as the MIAA playoffs start this weekend.
Dorchester (5-2) at Latin Academy (6-1), 3 p.m. -- Boston City League South teams square off in the Division 6 North playoffs.
No. 18 King Philip (5-2) at No. 2 Natick (7-0), 7 p.m. -- Natick grabbed the No. 3 seed in the Division 2 South tournament and host a strong King Philip defense.
Weymouth (4-3) at No. 16 BC High (4-3), 7 p.m. -- The fourth-seeded Eagles welcome the fifth-seeded Wildcats in the Division 1 South bracket.
Wayland (4-3) at No. 17 Arlington (6-1), 7 p.m. -- The Spy Ponders fell off the list of unbeatens after last week's loss to Lexington, but try to get back on track as the No. 3 seed in the Division 3 Northwest tournament.
No. 7 Duxbury (5-1) at No. 13 Needham (6-1), 7 p.m. -- Both teams are league champions but only managed the fourth and fifth seeds in the Division 2 South bracket.
Manchester-Essex (4-3) at Brighton (7-0), 7 p.m. -- The third-seeded Bengals try to stay on the bus when they host the Hornets in Division 5 North.
Bristol-Plymouth (6-1) at Blue Hills (5-2), 2 p.m. -- Mayflower Athletic Conference foes square off in the Division 6 South bracket.
No. 11 Lowell (5-2) at No. 9 St. John's Prep (4-3), 2:30 p.m. -- A pair of ranked teams enter the Division 1 North tournament as the fourth and fifth seeds.
Catholic Memorial (3-4) at No. 4 Xaverian (6-1), 3 p.m. -- The Division 1 South's top-seeded Hawks face off against Catholic Conference foe Catholic Memorial.
Hamilton-Wenham (3-4) at Pentucket (5-1), 2 p.m. -- The Sachems are the top seed in Division 4 North.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.